Destiny Worship Center started on October 7 of 2001 by Pastors Steve and Jackie Vaggalis. Its vision is to help you fulfill your God-given Destiny.
Currently Destiny Worship Center facilitates its vision through four primary ministry focuses-Bridging Denominations, Making Disciples, Building Families and Transforming Communities. With multiple campuses, foreign missionaries, a Christian school and thousands in attendance weekly, Destiny is functioning as a Regional Church from its Destin, Florida location.
Destiny is known for its welcoming environment, its emphasis on relationships, and for passionate services full of contemporary worship and relevant messages that can be applied to our every day lives.
OUR PRACTICAL STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. God loves you unconditionally!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Everything in God’s heart desires to be close to you. He is full of affection toward you and His love for you depends on His nature, which never changes. That means He will love you forever. To experience that love, we just need to invite Him to come into our lives. He won’t force Himself into your life, but wait for you to ask.
2. You cannot earn God’s favor.
It is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
It is impossible to earn God’s favor. No matter how good a person can be, only faith is needed to receive His salvation, His blessings and favor.
3. Your life matters to Him.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
It is true, there is an enemy that seeks our destruction. That’s why in the same breath Jesus says He came so that we could have a life so amazing it overflows. This is His heart for you.
4. He has an amazing plan for your life.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
It is easy for us as humans to think that God doesn’t care about us when things don’t go our way. The truth is, when we are the ones in control of our lives, there is no telling what can happen. But, when He is truly Lord over our lives, His sovereign love reigns, promising that the best days of our lives are always ahead of us.
5. Experiencing His love is what truly changes us.
…to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:19)
According to this scripture, when we know how much we are loved by Him, we get full of God. That means His goodness, selflessness, kindness, love, joy, peace, grace and nature become our nature.
OUR THEOLOGICAL STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, crucified, died, was buried, resurrected, and ascended into heaven, and is now seated at God’s right hand.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible and inerrant rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, an eternal heaven and a literal hell.
- We believe in living a holy, separated life through sanctification of the Word of God through the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the gifts and fruit promised to the believer.
- We believe in the active work of evangelism and missions in accordance with the Great Commission.
- We believe in the literal second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.